HCPH encourages residents to get tested for COVID-19 if you feel you have it or have been in contact with someone who tested positive. We are prioritizing our first responders and healthcare professionals, especially those who work with vulnerable populations such as nursing homes, to seek testing as well. To sign up for COVID-19 testing, please visit http://covcheck.hctx.net/.
Schedule an appointment via phone: 832-927-7575
Who should be tested for COVID-19?
- Have a fever* above 100.4°F (38°C) and with respiratory symptoms
- Had close contact** with someone diagnosed with COVID-19
- Have other health conditions (diabetes, lung disease, heart disease, pregnancy)
- Are age 60 and older
- Are residents of nursing homes (or other senior living facility)
- Are part of an investigation of a cluster or an outbreak
- Are asymptomatic who believe they have been exposed to COVID-19
Priority is given to those who:
- Are Healthcare workers/First responders
- Are asymptomatic responders (law enforcement, public health officials, etc.)
Anyone who is sick needs to stay home. To protect yourself, wash your hands frequently with soap and water, cover your cough/sneeze with a tissue or inside elbow and maintain a distance of about from 6 feet or more from others. This is only an assessment tool and does not replace medical advice from a healthcare provider.