What is the danger?
According to the National Weather Service, there is a Flash Flood Watch for Harris County beginning at 1:00 pm today through 7:00 am Tuesday. Scattered storms will bring heavy rain throughout the region starting this afternoon and overnight. Rainfall rates of 2 to 4 inches are expected during this period, with some areas getting as much as 6 inches. Large rainfall totals over a short period may cause street flooding and flash flooding.
What you need to do:
Stay Safe on Roadways
- Drive with caution. Provide extra braking distance and slowdown in heavy rain.
- Ponding on roadways may increase risk of hydroplaning.
- NEVER drive around barriers or through high water. Turn Around, Don't Drown.
- Check Houston TranStar and National Weather Service for latest updates for before heading out.
- Monitor weather throughout the day for changing conditions.
- Get updated information from trusted sources and local media.
Where you can learn more: