April 12, 2019
Potential for Severe Weather on Saturday
The National Weather Service (NWS)
is predicting a potential for severe weather on Saturday. Frequent lightning can be expected and strong winds and hail are possible. Areas north of I-10 will see the most severe weather as it moves through the area. Heavy rainfall over a short period of time may cause localized flooding on streets and in low-lying areas.
What you should do:
Residents are encouraged to monitor local forecast, road conditions, and have multiple ways to get warnings.
PREPARE FOR SEVERE WEATHER
- When thunder roars, stay indoors. If you are outside, seek shelter immediately and wait for the storm to pass.
- Secure any loose items in your yard such as furniture and toys.
- Move vehicles under covered areas, if possible, to prevent damage.
- Bring pets indoors.
- Slow down and give yourself extra braking distance when roads are wet.
- Check road conditions at Houston TranStar before leaving.
- If you must travel never drive into high water and use extreme caution at underpasses and low-lying areas where water accumulates.
Where you can learn more: