HOUSTON – The Houston Permitting Center would like to offer homeowners a fewsafety and repair tips forstorm recovery (Repair Brochure: English | Español).
Consumers should be on alert for potential scams. For any repair work, it is recommended to get three bids and review each bid carefully.
LICENSED VS.UNLICENSED CONTRACTORS
General contractors are not required to be licensed. Check with the Better Business Bureau or other similar sites for reported scams and complaints.
Electrical, mechanical and plumbing contractors must be registered with the City of Houston and licensed by the State of Texas. Out of state licenses are not accepted.
Visit the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation to verify licenses or to view complaints against Master Electricians and HVAC technicians and/orTexas State Board of Plumbing Examiners to verify licenses or to view complaints against Master Plumbers.
Electrical, mechanical and plumbing contractors making repairsmust purchase a permit. Visit the Sold Permit Searchtocheck if a permit has been purchased.
All electrical work must be completed by a licensed electrician.
Permits are NOT required for:
- Replacing wooden or metal fences (less than 8 feet in height)
- Painting, papering, tiling, wood flooring and carpeting
- Replacing cabinets, counter tops and similar finish work
- Repairing damaged sheet-rock or drywall
- Replacing bathroom or kitchen faucets
Property located within the floodplain (i.e. Special Hazard Area,100-year floodplain or flood way) may require a Floodplain Development Permit. Contact the Floodplain Management Office prior to starting any repairs at email@example.com or 832-394-8854.
Beginning Mon., Sept. 11, 2017|Mon. - Fri., 7:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Main Office*,1002 Washington Ave., 77002
Beginning Mon., Sep. 25, 2017|Mon. - Fri., 7:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Permanent Satellite Locations*:
- Kingwood Office,3915 Rustic Woods Dr.,77339
- Clear Lake Office,1335 Regents Park #130,77058
- Northwest Office,10555 Northwest Freeway #148,77092
*All other services will be available during regular business hours.
Beginning Wed., Sep. 13,2017|Mon. - Fri., 7:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Temporary Satellite Location**:
- Southwest Multi-Service Center,6400 High Star Dr., 77074
**For flood repair permits ONLY.
Additional satellite locations will be announced soon!
Email Houston.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 832-394-9000