Deadline to Apply for Federal Disaster Assistance for Damages from Hurricane Harvey is Tomorrow, November 30th
The Harris County Office of Homeland Security & Emergency Management reminds area residents affected by Hurricane Harvey that the deadline to apply for disaster assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Small Business Administration (SBA) is tomorrow, November 30th.
Federal assistance includes help for temporary housing, rental assistance and repair or replacement of damaged homes for eligible individuals and families who have suffered losses as a result of the storm.
Additionally, grants may be available to help with other expenses such as medical and dental care, child care, funeral and burial costs, replacing essential household items, moving and storage, vehicle repairs and some clean-up items.
Survivors may register several ways:
- Online at DisasterAssistance.gov.
- Calling the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 (voice, 711/VRS-Video Relay Service) (TTY: 800-462-7585). Multilingual operators are available (press 2 for Spanish).
- Via the FEMA app, available for Apple and Android mobile devices. To download visit: fema.gov/mobile-app.
- Visiting a Disaster Recovery Center (DRC). Find the location of nearby DRCs online at www.fema.gov/DRC.
The following information is helpful when registering:
- Address of the location where the damage occurred.
- Current mailing address.
- Current telephone number.
- Insurance information.
- Total household annual income.
- Routing and account number for checking or savings account (this allows FEMA to directly transfer disaster assistance funds into a bank account).
- A description of disaster-caused damage and losses.
Additional Harvey recovery information is available online at Harris County Recovery Network www.harrisrecovery.org.